“I have been an OBGYN for over 40 years. This abortion pill reversal protocol quite literally gives women a second chance. And it gives the child a second chance at life. I have personally walked with women through this reversal process. And it has been one of the most rewarding things I’ve ever been a part of. Here’s an example of a successful reversal: The patient had a change of heart. There was an incredible opportunity to give her the reversal treatment she needed in order to save the life of her child and save her from a lifetime of regret. She now has a healthy baby. I fully support this protocol and I have personally seen it work to save lives.”
– Dr. Bennie Nobles of Metairie, Louisiana
For those seeking to reverse the effects of the abortion pill (also known as a chemical abortion or a medical abortion), the goal is to start the protocol within 24 hours of taking the first abortion pill, mifepristone, also known as RU-486. However, there have been many successful reversals when treatment was started within 72 hours of taking the first abortion pill. An ultrasound will be done as soon as possible to confirm heart rate, placement, and dating of the pregnancy. The doctor or another medical provider will prescribe progesterone, an FDA approved hormone that is commonly used to sustain a pregnancy, given as a pill to be taken orally or vaginally or possibly by intramuscular injection. The treatment will usually continue through the first trimester of pregnancy.
Initial studies of Abortion Pill Reversal have shown it has a 64-68% success rate. Statistics show that 2,000 lives (and counting!) has been saved through the protocol! Visit the main site for the Abortion Pill Reversal at abortionpillreversal.com.
Now in Louisiana, we have the chance to offer women at abortion facilities the opportunity to talk to their doctor about the abortion pill reversal through HB 578!
Louisiana HB 578 seeks to ensure that women who start the process of a chemical abortion are informed of the option to talk to their doctor about potentially partaking in the reversal/rescue option. The law requires that when a physician or agent thereof administers mifepristone (the first abortion pill in the chemical/medical abortion process) to a pregnant woman, he shall provide this disclosure statement to her:
“PLEASE READ BEFORE TAKING SECOND PILL. Research has indicated that the first pill provided, identified as mifepristone, is not always effecting in ending a pregnancy. If after taking the first pill you regret your decision, please consult a physician or healthcare provider immediately to determine if there are options available to assist you in continuing your pregnancy.” This statement may be provided by doing any of the following:
(1) Stapling the disclosure statement to a bag, envelope, or other package that contains misoprostol for the pregnant woman to self-administer at home.
(2) Attaching the disclosure statement to the patient’s discharge instructions if the prescription for misoprostol is sent directly to a pharmacy.
1. Women deserve to know! Spread the word and save lives! Abortion facilities are now required to provide the disclosure statement mentioned above to the women undergoing chemical abortions. In Louisiana, we know about 2,500 + Louisiana women received a chemical abortion within the 2020 year, and a significant percentage of women overall were choosing abortion due to mental health reasons. We now need to supplement the information at abortion facilities with information on social media, billboards, and other locations.
Beginning in early July, Louisiana Right to Life will launch billboards close to the abortion facilities in Baton Rouge, New Orleans, and Shreveport informing them of the Abortion Pill Reversal Protocol.
Also imagine if this information came across them on social media or was in their hands during their uncertain mental crisis.
3. Support our efforts to reach women in crisis! The mission of the Advertise for Life project is to reach women considering abortion through a variety of compelling and youthful advertisements that will encourage them to choose life for themselves and their child, and will connect them immediately with the Abortion Pill Reversal protocol if appropriate. The ads, which vary from billboards to radio spots to Facebook ads and more, connect women, through a website and hotline number, with local pregnancy resource centers that can offer immediate assistance. The campaign operates the ADifficultChoice.com website, the direct link to the pregnancy resource centers. Running advertisements are expensive, but they work. 100% of your donations to the Louisiana Right to Life Advertise for Life Fund will go to these life-saving ads across Louisiana, and your gift is tax-deductible. MAKE A DONATION ONLINE TODAY!
See Lisbeth’s personal story of success using the Abortion Pill Reversal protocol: “The next day I woke up very early in the morning and was thinking what if the baby still had a heartbeat, if I took the next set of pills, how was I going to expel it? I was very confused and started searching in the computer to see if there was a chance the baby still had the heartbeat and I was going to just remove it like that. I then wanted to have an ultrasound because I never had a chance to hear it. I was searching for hours on the internet where I could find a place where I could have one done for free and discreetly. I found a pregnancy center online […]I met with a counselor and after some questions I let her know what was going on and what I had done. I only had that day to decide if I was going to take the rest of the abortion medication. She quickly called another doctor in and told me there was medicine I could take to reverse the effects from the medicine I had taken the day before. I did not know this at all. They made me feel comfortable and safe […]I was sure that the baby had not made it through the first medication, but to my surprise when they showed me the screen the baby’s heartbeat was still very strong. I could not stop my tears […]That afternoon my mom went in with me to the appointment and I started taking the medication. Read her whole story
See Rebecca’s personal story of success using the Abortion Pill Reversal protocol: “After I took the abortion pill, I began to think about how this world is only for a short while, but my choice to abort this baby would be eternal. It was crystal clear to me that I made a huge mistake. I popped out of bed, went downstairs, and began to search on Google. I clicked on ‘abortion reversal.’ I called the hotline provided on the website and asked, ‘Is it true that the abortion pill can be reversed?’ The hotline nurse answered, ‘Yes.'” Read her whole story
Louisiana Doctor Statements:
“I fully support the proposed ‘Abortion Pill Reversal Disclosure Act,’ and believe that it will ensure that the women of Louisiana will be more completely informed of their right to change their mind and at least attempt to reverse a process of medication-induced abortion when they so choose.” Dr. Damon Cudihy of Lafayette, Louisiana
“Women who change their mind about abortion should have their choice respected. They should have access to this effective treatment that can save their baby.” Dr. Robert Chasuk of Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Information about the Unborn Baby in the First Trimester:
Many women are moved by the ultrasound and heart beat and other information about their baby when they change their mind about an abortion decision. Chemical Abortions are provided to a woman who is 10 weeks pregnant or less. During this time, these are the biological stages of development for her baby that you are free to share: