Every year, the Louisiana Pro-Life Oratory Committee sponsors a pro-life oratory contest among high school juniors and seniors from throughout the state. Contact the Shanon Snyder, state director at [email protected] or 866.463.5433 to learn about times and other information for the current year.
- Jan. 17, 2019, 6-9 p.m., Immaculata Center, 1408 Carmel Drive, Lafayette. Contact Trista Littell at 337-261-5598 for more information.
- March 7, 2019, 6-8:30:30 p.m., Louisiana Right to Life state headquarters, 200 Robert E. Lee Blvd. Call 504-835-6520 to register for for more information.
Louisiana Oratory Contest Details:
- The winner of a local Pro-Life Oratory Contest is allowed to compete in the Louisiana State Oratory Contest, which is held in May in coordination with the Knights of Columbus Convention. Local oratory contests will often award a small cash prize to the winner and runner-up of their competition.
- The winner of the Louisiana Oratory contest competes in the National Oratory Contest at the National Right to Life Convention held every summer.
- The cash prizes of the Louisiana Oratory Contest is:
- First Place: $500 plus expenses to attend the National Right to Life Convention (not to exceed $1000)
- Second Place: $250
- The contest is non-denominational and originates with National Right to Life.
- Topics to choose from:
- Tragedy of Abortion
- Tragedy of Euthanasia
- Tragedy of Infanticide
- Tragedy of Embryonic Stem Cell Research
- Talks must be between 5-7 minutes and do not have to be memorized.
- The National Right to Life Jane B. Thompson Oratory Contest takes place annually at the National Right to Life Convention (the statewide Louisiana winner will compete in this).
Local Louisiana Pro-Life Oratory Contest Coordinators:
If you don’t see a contest in your area, please contact Shanon Snyder (contact information at the top of the page).
- Alexandria: Sandra West – 318-729-1683; [email protected]
- Baton Rouge: Shannon Baldridge- 225-242-0323
- Houma/Thibodaux: Peggy Fabre- 985-868-3879
- Lafayette: Karol Meynard- 337-261-5607
- Lake Charles: Rickard Newman – 337-439-7400; [email protected]
- LaPlace: Emily Beauchamp- 985-652-3899 or 985-210-1545
- Monroe: Jack Wright- 318-387-0993
- New Orleans: Susan Deboisblanc – [email protected]
- St. Tammany Parish: Michelle Gorney – 985-640-8765
- Shreveport: Vicki Wallace – 318-117-1502
Abbeville’s Henry Nguyen Wins National Oratory Contest
Click Here to Read More!