Every year, the Louisiana Pro-Life Oratory Committee sponsors a pro-life oratory contest among high school juniors and seniors from throughout the state. Contact the Shanon Snyder, state director at [email protected] or 866.463.5433 to learn about times and other information for the current year.
- April 18, 2019, 6-8:30:30 p.m., Louisiana Right to Life state headquarters, 200 Robert E. Lee Blvd. Call 504-835-6520 to register for for more information. Click here to download flyer.
- April 26, 6 p.m., location to be announced. Contact Shanon Snyder for more information at [email protected] or 866.463.5433.
- April 25, 6 p.m., at the Catholic Center, 3500 Fairfield Ave., Shreveport. The local winner will receive a $500 cash prize and will represent Shreveport at the state competition. For more information contact Anthony Fabio at [email protected] Click here to download information sheet. Click here to download entry form.
Louisiana Oratory Contest Details:
- The winner of a local Pro-Life Oratory Contest is allowed to compete in the Louisiana State Oratory Contest, which is held in May in coordination with the Knights of Columbus Convention. Local oratory contests will often award a small cash prize to the winner and runner-up of their competition.
- The winner of the Louisiana Oratory contest competes in the National Oratory Contest at the National Right to Life Convention held every summer.
- The cash prizes of the Louisiana Oratory Contest is:
- First Place: $500 plus expenses to attend the National Right to Life Convention (not to exceed $1000)
- Second Place: $250
- The contest is non-denominational and originates with National Right to Life.
- Topics to choose from:
- Tragedy of Abortion
- Tragedy of Euthanasia
- Tragedy of Infanticide
- Tragedy of Embryonic Stem Cell Research
- Talks must be between 5-7 minutes and do not have to be memorized.
- The National Right to Life Jane B. Thompson Oratory Contest takes place annually at the National Right to Life Convention (the statewide Louisiana winner will compete in this).
Local Louisiana Pro-Life Oratory Contest Coordinators:
If you don’t see a contest in your area, please contact Shanon Snyder (contact information at the top of the page).
- Alexandria: Sandra West – 318-729-1683; [email protected]
- Baton Rouge: Shannon Baldridge- 225-242-0323
- Houma/Thibodaux: Peggy Fabre- 985-868-3879
- Lafayette: Karol Meynard- 337-261-5607
- Lake Charles: Rickard Newman – 337-439-7400; [email protected]
- LaPlace: Emily Beauchamp- 985-652-3899 or 985-210-1545
- Monroe: Jack Wright- 318-387-0993
- New Orleans: Susan Deboisblanc – [email protected]
- St. Tammany Parish: Michelle Gorney – 985-640-8765
- Shreveport: Anthony Fabio – 318-402-6663
Abbeville’s Henry Nguyen Wins National Oratory Contest
Click Here to Read More!