Elected in December 2015, Previously in Congress
Voting Record in U.S. House (based on National Right to Life Voting Record):
Votes in Focus Since 2009:
- Protection of Unborn Babies That Feel Pain in the Last Four Months of Pregnancy?
- Congressman Cassidy Voted to Protect Babies That Feel Pain
- On June 18th, 2013, Congressman Cassidy voted to protect babies that feel pain at 20 weeks after conception and later.
- Tax-Funding of Planned Parenthood and Abortion Industry?
- Congressman Cassidy Voted Against Funding Planned Parenthood
- On April 14th 2011, Congressman Cassidy voted for pro-life legislation that would have cut off all federal funds to the Planned Parenthood Federation of America and its affiliates for the remainder of Fiscal Year 2011. In 2011, Planned Parenthood received $542 million in local, state, and federal tax dollars. In the same year, Planned Parenthood performed 333,964 abortions nationwide. Now, Planned Parenthood plans to build a regional abortion center in New Orleans, and is looking to expand in Baton Rouge.
- Abortion Funding in Obamacare?
- Congressman Cassidy Voted to Take Abortion out of Obamacare
- In addition to voting against the Affordable Care Act (“Obamacare”) that rations health care on multiple occasions, Congressman Cassidy voted for the Stupak-Pitts Amendment on November 8th 2009, a pro-life amendment that would have prohibited Obamacare from funding abortion. Since the House of Representatives repeatedly voted to repeal Obamacare, a direct vote on the HHS Mandate never occured as it did in the U.S. Senate. However, a vote to repeal Obamacare is a vote to stop the HHS Mandate.
- Washington DC Office
- 703 Hart Senate Office Building, Washington DC, 20510
- Phone: (202) 224-5824
Learn more about Senator Cassidy and his voting record at National Right to Life.