Life Chains are held each year in communities throughout Louisiana as pro-lifers stand (or sit) along roadways in prayerful protest against abortion. COVID-19 restictions will be in place during the planned events.
Confirmed events include:
• Covington, Sunday, Oct. 18, 2-3 p.m., Highway 21 at Brewster Road. Meet at Lakeshore Church, 15261 Brewster Road, at 1:30 p.m. for signs and instructions. Call Anne Fontcuberta, 985-502-1343, for more information. Download Flyer for Details
• Golden Meadow, Sunday, Oct. 4, 2-3:30 p.m., 723 N. Bayou Dr (Hwy 1) at the Catholic Church. Call Nanette Ledet at 985-667-7239 or the church at 985-475-5428 for more information.
• Metairie, Sunday, Oct. 4, 2:30-4 p.m., Veterans Memorial Park (median across from Lakeside Mall). Focus will be on getting more participation in 40 Days for Life and to motivate participants to support the Love Life Amendment. Learn more here.
• Pierre Part, Sunday, Oct. 4, 1-2 p.m., participants silently stand 20 feet apart holding signs which promote life along Hwy. 70 in front of St. Joseph the Worker Catholic Church.
• Slidell, Sunday, Oct. 4, 2-3 p.m., Gause Boulevard. Call Michelle Gorney, 985-640-8765, for more information. Download Flyer for Details
If you are planning an event in your community, or you know one is scheduled, or if you’d like us to provide a flyer for you to distribute in your community, contact [email protected] with details.