Due to current and potential future COVID-19 restrictions, and out of caution to keep everyone safe, our “Stand for Life Louisiana!” Statewide Outreach will replace our annual Louisiana Life Marches.
While we are disappointed we can’t be together in large groups for our Louisiana Life March events, we MUST continue to stand for life as we remember the millions of babies killed by the injustice of abortion.
On Saturday, Jan. 23, the day after the 48th Anniversary of Roe v. Wade, the disastrous decision that legalized the injustice of abortion, we will pray together as a state on social media – led from the steps of the State Capitol in Baton Rouge. Then, we will stand for life in communities across Louisiana in the form of socially distanced “life chains” to share our pro-life message with fellow citizens. Please join us!
9 – 10 AM:
48th Anniversary of Roe v. Wade Memorial Program
Where: On the Steps of the State Capitol in Baton Rouge
Broadcast on Louisiana Right to Life social media (@LaRighttoLife).
Limited In-Person Attendance Available, But RSVP Required.
The program will include:
- Kim Shultz, Adoption Testimony
- Cindy Collins, Slidell Crisis Pregnancy Center and Louisiana Abortion Recovery Alliance
- Bishop Michael Duca, Diocese of Baton Rouge
- Pastor Wayne Brown, Bethany Church
- Music by the Bethany Church Band
10:30 AM – Noon:
“Stand for Life, Louisiana!” Life Chains
In communities across Louisiana, stand in a socially-distanced manner on a sidewalk near a busy street or intersection (safely away from traffic) and hold pro-life signs to share the pro-life message with our fellow citizens. See confirmed locations below.
- Please bring a homemade pro-life sign using white posterboard. Some locations may have pre-printed signs, and Louisiana Right to Life may be able to provide these signs in advance. However, homemade signs can be very effective! Please keep the message simple, focused on a pro-life message, and remain peaceful, respectful, and apolitical.
- Example signs: Abortion Kills Babies, Stop Abortion, Choose Adoption, Pro-Life, Preaux Life, Love Life, Pray for an End to Abortion, Abortion Hurts Women, Every Life Is Valuable, We Stand for Life, etc.
- Don’t see your community listed below? Want to host an event? Stand for Life Louisiana organizers must choose a street or intersection in your community, submit the location to us, and then commit to being present on that day and time. If you are interested, please contact Alexandra Seghers at 504-835-6520 or [email protected] with any questions. To submit your location, please click here. Please note: your location may being planned at this time and not yet published. If so, we will connect you to the current organizer to help with the event!
“Stand for Life, Louisiana!” Locations
Locations are being added as they are submitted.
All events will be Saturday, Jan. 23 from 10:30 – noon unless otherwise specified. All events are rain or shine but will be cancelled in instances of inclement weather.
- Baton Rouge
- Meet at the Delta abortion facility for a Stand for Life on Colonial and Goodwood.
- 756 Colonial Dr B, Baton Rouge, LA 70806
- Contact Charles Carpenter at 225-953-5401
- Plank Road in front of St. Isadore Church
- Contact Bridget Soileau at 225-337-1493
- Meet in the front of Annunciation Catholic Church at 517 Avenue B
- Bossier City
- Airline Drive between Viking Dr & George Dement Blvd
- Parking available at Airline High School
- Contact Amanda Nottingham at 318-426-7685
- Breaux Bridge
- Join parishioners of St. Bernard Catholic Church at the Corner of Rees St. and Mills St.
- Downtown on N. University by the Carencro Catholic School digital sign
- Contact Glenn Vidrine at [email protected]
- Corner of Sullivan and Wax Rd (Central Throughway)
- Contact Randy Damon at 225-229-9922 or [email protected]
- Eunice will hold its annual March for Life at noon on Friday, Jan. 22. Gather at Picou’s Drug Store on 2nd Street to begin our socially distanced march to City Hall in prayerful silence, where we will end with a brief concluding prayer. We intentionally schedule this at noon and keep the entire event under an hour to facilitate attendance by all during your lunch break. Please be the beacon of light our world needs to raise awareness of the need to protect our vulnerable unborn. We encourage groups to participate with your banners, logos, signs, etc. to represent your organization. What better time than now to show the world that we stand for life!
- Contact Phyllis Pere at 337-580-0195 for more information
- W Morris Ave in front of First Baptist Church (401 W Morris Ave)
- Contact Anna Riccobonno at 985-542-0492
- Sidewalk along corner or Tunnel Blvd/ Barrow Street at Town Hall, 805 Barrow St., 11 a.m. to noon
- Sidewalk in front of Vandebilt Catholic High School, 209 S. Hollywood Rd., 11-noon
- Contact Laverne Scott at 281-935-2064
- St. Edmond Church grounds, 4131 W. Congress St. on property adjacent to Congress St and Ambassador Caffery Pkwy. Starting at 8:30 a.m. inside the church with a word from the pastor and a guest speaker from the DesOrmeaux Center. Then everyone will move outside for a peaceful presence to support life. Social distancing is required and Pro-Life signage is encouraged. The event ends at 11 a.m., and Knights of Columbus Council 10293 members will remain until noon.
- Contact Greg Duplechain at 337-739-0951
- ON SUNDAY, JAN. 24: Cathedral of St. John the Evangelist / Lafayette – Pro-Life Vigil following 5:00 PM Mass – Candlelight Procession, Pro-Life Rosary with Adoration and Testimony in the Plaza to follow with testimony from Dr. Kathy Allen, State Director, LA Black Advocates for Life
- Lake Charles
- 1100 Board Du Lac Dr at Civic Center Boardwalk
- Contact New Life Counseling at 337-474-7003 or ABC Pregnancy Center at 337-433-2797 .
- Intersection of Ferdinand St and Tunica
- Contact Claire Lemoine at 318-305-7301
- Intersection of Veterans Blvd and Causeway Blvd
- Organized by Nancy Jackson
- Louisville Ave on either side of the bridge
- Sidewalk along the front lawn of Assumption Parish Courthouse, 4809 Hwy 1, 11 a.m. to noon
- Call 985-413-2475 for information
- New Orleans
- Corner of Press Dr and Gentilly Blvd
- Contact Sarah Zagorski at 504-835-6520 or [email protected]
- Oak Grove
- Praying at the West Carroll Parish Courthouse square, 305 E. Main St.
- Contact Regina Gregory at 318-732-9373
- St. Landry Right to Life Program begins at 10:00 a.m followed by a Life Chain from 11:00 a.m. – noon
at Our Lady Queen of Angels Catholic Church. Featured speaker is Mika Hernandez, Executive Director,
Opelousas Pregnancy Center.
- Contact John and Jeri Miller at 337-948-9559
- Corner of Hwy. 90 and Wise; 1-2 p.m.
- Contact Angela Stelly at 985-759-3154
- Pierre Part
- At St. Joseph of the Worker Church, 3304 Hwy 70, 10:30 a.m. to noon
- Contact Linda O’Neal at 985-252-6490
- Along Perkins Road at River Community Church at 10:30 a.m.
- Contact Lola Summers at [email protected] or 225-241-9649
- River Ridge
- At St Matthew the Apostle on the neutral ground between Midway Drive and Citrus Road along Jefferson Hwy.
- Contact Stephanie Kenning at [email protected]
- Youree Blvd between Kings Hwy and Southfield Rd
- Contact Kandace Landreneau at 318-218-7030 or [email protected]
- Slidell’s annual March for Life is currently scheduled for Feb. 6
- Along Adley Landry Water Reservoir, 310 N Canal Blvd next to Harang Auditorium, 11 a.m. to noon
- Sidewalk in front of University Baptist Church, 904 Menard St., 11 a.m. to noon
- Contact Laverne Scott at 281-935-2064
- Ville Platte
- ON SUNDAY, JAN. 24: Ville Platte Pro Life Walk begins around Noon on Sunday, Jan. 24, after 10:30 a.m. Mass at Our Lady Queen of All Saints Church and proceeds to Sacred Heart Church with a guest speaker to follow. Transportation will be provided back to Our Lady Queen of All Saints. Contact Stephanie Andrus at 337-831-0638 or Our Lady Queen of All Saints: 337-363-5167