What a year 2018 was for Louisiana Right to Life and for the pro-life movement in Louisiana!
Some of our accomplishments included:
- The short adoption documentary I Lived on Parker Avenue was released online and impacted hundreds of thousands of people worldwide.
- More than 11,500 Louisiana young people heard the pro-life message in person through Louisiana Right to Life presentations and events.
- The state Legislature passed our flagship legislation, the “Adoption Option Act,” along with six other diverse life-protecting bills.
- Our advertisements, including our Pandora and Google-based campaigns targeted to women considering abortion, connected thousands of Louisiana women to pregnancy help centers.
- Our New Orleans billboards campaign was seen more than 22 million times.
- Planned Parenthood is still not selling abortions at its facility in New Orleans since it opened in May of 2016. Remember, they planned to perform 2,844 abortions a year at that location. That is two and a half years of lives saved!
- Together with a diverse group of allies, we exposed the efforts of Dr. Rashonda Dean to open an abortion facility in New Orleans East.
- Our booth at the State Fair of Louisiana shared the pro-life message with thousands who had never heard it before.
“Our mission is to change the law and culture to respect the beauty of human life, and we are looking forward to an exciting 2019 as we progress toward our goal of a completely pro-life Louisiana,” said Benjamin Clapper, executive director of Louisiana Right to Life.
Want a 2018 month-by-month snapshot? Click Here to check out our 2018 Review printed in the Winter Luminary.