In no particular order, here are our top 10 victories from 2023:
1) We protected our pro-life laws from efforts to legalize abortion, and because of this, babies are still protected from abortion in Louisiana!
2) We passed amazing legislation to help families and moms, including the Adoption Tax Credit Act!
3) We educated 5,556 students in-person through our high school and college outreach. One church leader said, “Wow! The four kids from our Parish that attended PULSE came back glowing and on fire about what they learned.”
4) We visited 88 tour stops on our “Keep Louisiana Pro-Life RV Tour!”
5) We reached 2.3 million viewers on social media with our pro-life messages on Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, and Twitter.
6) Our educational outreaches, including our Pro-Life Summit and State Fair Outreach, inspired hundreds of citizens across the state.
7) We advanced our outreach in the African American community through our Black Advocates for Life Initiative.
8) Through our Advertise for Life Initiative and Pro-Life Billboard Campaign, we’ve reached 90 million citizens with the pro-life message!
9) Our election efforts resulted in electing a more pro-life legislature than before, including upgrading seven legislative seats to more pro-life legislators!
One new legislator, Rep. Brian Glorioso from Slidell, shared his appreciation as we were instrumental in defeating his opponent who was the only Republican in the state legislature to vote against our main pro-life law. He said
“I truly appreciate everything Louisiana Right to Life and its supporters did to help elect me. I am 100% pro-life and ready to do everything I can to protect the sanctity of life at the Capitol!”
10) And last but not least, we witnessed the election of our new pro-life Governor, Jeff Landry, and Attorney General, Liz Murrill!