2021 Preliminary Abortion Statistics in Louisiana
There were 7,444 abortions in Louisiana in 2021, according to preliminary figures provided to Louisiana Right to Life recently by the Louisiana Department of Health. Despite closure of Texas abortion facilities due to the Heartbeat law, there were only 183 more out-of-state abortions in Louisiana in 2021 than in 2020.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD OUR 2021 QUICK FACTS
90% of women who had abortions in 2021 were unmarried, and 65% of abortions were performed on African-American women.
On average, 20 abortions per day were performed in Louisiana in 2020, and Louisiana Right to Life will continue working hard to reduce these numbers until every baby is saved!
NOTE: Abortion Statistics in Louisiana come from the Louisiana Department of Health. These numbers do not take into account the number of women who traveled outside of Louisiana for abortions.
2020 Abortion Statistics
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD 2020 ABORTION STATISTICS
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD 2020 QUICK FACTS SHEET
CLICK HERE TO SEE ABORTION NUMBERS BY YEAR 1975 – 2020
Louisiana Abortion Statistic Charts
Click to Enlarge
CLICK TO SEE ABORTIONS BY CLINIC 2006-2020
CLICK TO SEE ABORTIONS BY PARISH OF RESIDENCE FOR 2020
QUICK FACTS 2020
- There were 7,448 abortions performed in 2020. That means there were, on average, 20 abortions per day.
- 21 girls under the age of 15 had abortions in 2020. Another 633 girls between the ages of 15-19 aborted their babies.
- The largest number of abortions – 2,247 – were performed on women between the ages of 25-29. Women ages 20-24 were right behind at 2,094. There were also 1,009 women ages 35 and older who had abortions in 2020.
- African-American women accounted for 65% of abortions performed in 2020.
- 89% of women who had abortions in 2020 were unmarried.
- 64% of babies were aborted within eight weeks of pregnancy.
State’s Abortion Numbers By the Years