Louisiana Right to Life will share the beauty of life at the State Fair of Louisiana in Shreveport from Thursday, Oct. 25 through Sunday, Nov. 11, and WE NEED YOUR HELP TO SHARE THE PRO-LIFE MESSAGE!
We still need volunteers to help us man our booth each day the fair is open, and the booth must be manned at all times! The fair is closed on Mondays and Tuesdays (except Tuesday, Nov. 6). The booth hours are:
- Wednesdays, Thursdays, Sundays, and Tuesday Nov, 6: 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Fridays and Saturdays: 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Here are some ways you can help:
- VOLUNTEER: We have broken each day into mostly three-hour shifts, and we need to get AT LEAST two people per hour to volunteer. Click this link to visit our State Fair Volunteer Site to sign up for your shift!
- BECOME A CAPTAIN: State Fair Captains commit to leading extended amount of times at the State Fair booth. (Contact Kelly Johnson firstname.lastname@example.org or 318-286-1220)
- BRING A GROUP: Churches, youth groups, or other groups can sign up to take a day or multiple shifts. (Contact Kelly Johnson email@example.com or 318-286-1220)
- HELP RECRUIT: Spread the word to others about this project and encourage them to sign up. Please tell them to visit www.ProLifeLouisiana.org/StateFair to get started.
We ask that volunteers attend a short training session with Kelly Johnson before working the booth. The first training is Thursday, Oct. 18, from 6-7 p.m. at Word of God Ministries, 6645 Industrial Loop in Shreveport.
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER FOR THE FREE TRAINING
Basic Things to Know About State Fair Outreach:
- We need at least two people per hour.
- All volunteers will need to complete a one-hour training session, by either attending an in-person training or an online training.
- Minors (under 18) are highly encouraged to volunteer but should be accompanied by an adult.
- All volunteers will need to sign a waiver before participating.